Daisypath Vacation tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, January 9, 2011

UPDATE 1/8/2011

Hi Everyone,
I got a call this morning from Michele and she asked me if I was coming for lunch today and I said yes. She said that she was going to walk up 18 stairs with her therapist, Bill and they were going to do it at 11:30 so I should come early. I got there right as they were ready to get started.
She kept saying "I can't" and "I'm freakin' out", but off we went. She got herself up from a lying position in bed and stood up all by herself and grabbed on to the walker. Off she went out the door, past the nurses station and sat down for a minute before she was off to the stairs.
Oh boy, when she saw the first set of 9 stairs, she started in with the "I can't" again, but Bill has a way with her and she started to climb, holding on to the railing with her right hand, which is her weakest. When she got to the landing she really said "I can't" but kept going. Bill had a chair at the top of second set so that she could rest before they headed back down again. She said "How am I going to get back down?". You know what Bill's answer was.
So she stood up and complained all the way down, but she did it. She grabbed on to her walker at the bottom of the stairs and walked back to the chair in the hall for a break. Then when she was ready, she walked back to her room. Instead of getting back in bed, Bill told her to sit in the wheelchair to eat her lunch with me. She complained about it, but she did and we had a nice lunch together.
She got back into bed for a little bit, but she was off to speech therapy at 12:45.

Sue







Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment