Daisypath Vacation tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, January 30, 2010

UPDATE 1/30 #2

Family and Friends,

AMAZING GRACE! HOW SWEET IT IS! Michele was awake when we arrived tonight for our visit. When I asked her questions, she looked at me and nodded in response. She was moving a lot, and even though she is still very groggy her right eye was open and she was responsive. I asked her to squeeze my hand to “tell me you love me” and her whole body squeezed my hand, it was with all she had. When I said goodnight, she motioned to me with her arms and hands as if to tell me “don’t leave!”

Everyone else was so excited to get into the room to talk to her, they couldn’t get their gowns and masks on fast enough. Alyssa came with us tonight and was so excited to talk and get response from her Mommy. We watched from the ICU waiting room window as Michele looked at her youngest daughter very alert and with a motherly eye (we’re going to work on that left eye tomorrow!). She made motions to move toward Alyssa.

Amy & Cindy spent time with their sister and she recognizes each and every one of us. We all ask questions, and she responds by nodding her head. We were jumping up and down with excitement. This is AMAZING. This is a MIRACLE. Michele’s Dad also visited with her and we all said Sr. Anne’s prayer (below) together before we left. We take this prayer with us every time we visit, holding hands in a circle. Please use the prayer along with us, it is beautiful and it is working!

After we left tonight, the nurses were going to sedate her a little so that she could sleep through the night and we expect even more amazing results from Michele tomorrow.

I appreciate all of your prayers and emails. I am saving everything and compiling a book for Michele to read during her recovery. Please send your thoughts and prayers for her to read later.

Sr. Anne’s Prayer:

The LIGHT of God surrounds Michele
The LOVE of God enfolds Michele
The POWER of God protects and strengthens Michele
The PRESENCE of God watches over Michele
Wherever Michele is
God is

I saw spirit in my Michele tonight. She’s coming back to us with a vengeance!

Keep praying,
John


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment