Daisypath Vacation tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, September 16, 2010

UPDATE 9/15

Michele has moved to "The Manor" which is a skilled nursing facility just 8 miles from our house. She has a wonderful large room and it feels like home. She moved on Monday and yes as normal we had many issues with getting her settled in but after 2 full days I think she is all moved in and ready to start her next journey to recovery. Michele will have much more therapy at her new place and she will be pushed every day to get better. I have included some picture of her new pad as well as a few of her working out the first day. Yes she is sitting with her feet on the ground.

Her daily routine right now is to get dressed in the morning to get ready for her therapy. She has her workout clothes which include a tank top, shorts or long sweats and socks with the little grips on the bottom for traction. She gets her teeth brushed and her hair brushed and she gets lifted into her wheelchair. All of this right now just about wares her out but then she has to do 1-2 hours of therapy after this. It is a little hard to see what she has to go through and the fact she would just rather lay in bed but we all know this has to happen and she needs to be pushed each and every day.

Michele has increased her range of motion quite a bit in the last week and her legs are moving quite a bit. I will not be surprised if she can walk in the next 60 days. I hope and pray I am right and we will have to wait and see.

What Michele needs now is visitors. If any of the local friends could take the time to stop by and say hi it would mean a lot to her and myself. If you want me to be there on your first visit please contact me and I will work out a time to meet you there. She is at the Boulder Manor off of baseline road and she can have visitors from 9am to 6pm. She is in room 106. If you do stop by please write you name and any info you wish in the 3 ringed note book in the room. It has a green cover and help the family keep track of who visits. You can add comments of you visit. Please remember Michele cannot communicate very well but she can answer yes or no questions by shaking her head or doing the thumbs up "Fonzie Style".

Michele is starting a new milestone and therefore I have decided to change up my format as well as my emails were starting to get blocked by the network since it thinks they were spam. Please also know you can always go to the miraclemichele.blogspot for all my past emails to catch up or just for your ready pleasure.

Thanks for all the support during the past 7.5 months. I hope and pray we are in the final stretch.

John












Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Hi Michelle,

    My son is in John's third grade class. We usually walk down to the corner with John after school. He's such a good kid. I took some pictures to send you but I don't know how to attach them here and I don't have an email address for you. I haven't been able to find an email address for you on the website (or a way to attach photos here on the site) but I will keep looking. You look like you are doing so much better. I'm so glad.

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete