Daisypath Vacation tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

UPDATE 9/28

"STOP THE PRESS"
"Michele is going home"

Yes this is correct. Michele received a therapy pass to visit home this weekend. That means she will come home this Sunday for a 2-3 hour visit. I asked her last week before we started this venture if she was ready and she gave me the thumbs up. I explained that this was going to be a short visit and she was not able to stay long and that she would have to accept this before we even asked for the visit. I wanted to make sure she understood and she did not get the wrong impression as she will probably want to stay once she gets home but that is not good for her long term healing. The reason for the visit home is to help motivate her and spark her mind to get better for the ultimate reward of being home with her family.

I have a van scheduled to pick her up Sunday morning at 10am in her wheel chair and we should be at the house by 10:30am. I think it would be great if everyone possible in the Denver/Boulder area could come and support her first visit home. My hope is to have a strong presence of family, friends and neighbors outside the house when she pulls up in her van. I have arranged to have ballons for everyone so each person can write a note or well wish on them and when she gets out of the van we will release all of them to the heavens. Michele's sisters Amy and Cindy are working to arrange this home coming celebration and they can be reached by email at: Amy.McAlister@emersonprocess.com
email.cindy@comcast.net

I would love to see everyone at the house Sunday morning to help my family and I welcome Michele home for the first time. This of course will be very overwhelming to Michele and therefore I cannot invite everyone into the house but we will spend some time outside in the front yard for everyone to have the opportunity to see and speak to Michele if you wish.

Michele had her hair colored today and she is ready for her visit home. I do not want to create a situation that she cannot handle. Michele is aware of everything we are doing so that nothing suprises or scares her. The goal is to make it a very positive experience and to help motivate her to work hard and get better. That is why everyones participation is greatly appreciated. Just imagine how she will feel to see so many people showing up to support her. That alone will help her in so many ways.

I look forward to seeing everyone that can make it this weekend. This will be the pinacle of Michele's last 8 months and I want her to share it with everyone that can make it.

John








Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment