Daisypath Vacation tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, October 10, 2010

UPDATE 10/9

It has been a busy week. Michele's feeding tube was clogged again last Sunday right before we were to travel home for a visit. She has 2 tubes in one and the smaller one that is for her food was clogged therefore we just used the medicine tube to feed her until we could go to the hospital on Monday.

So we were not going to let this little problem spoil our trip home. I was at the manor at 9am and Michele was dressed and ready for go when I arrived. The yellow cab van was on time at 10am and off we went for our 8.5 mile trip home for the first time since January 19th. I sat in the back of the van talking to her and explaining what to expect. She was in her wheel chair and could see outside the front window of the cab perfectly and when we turned onto our street her eyes opened wide. Since I was facing her I did not see what she was looking at until I turned around to see for myself. We had about 60 family, friends and neighbors covering the street holding purple and white baloons. Many were written on with note of love and encourgment. I asked the van driver to back into our garage so we could unload Michele on an even surface and once she was out and the van left she got a big cheer for everyone. "WELCOME HOME MICHELE" words cannot explain the overwhelming emotion of appreciation I felt to see so many people routing for my wife. Michele was given her own baloon and I asked her to release her first and she did and the rest soon followed. Michele spent a few minutes outside so she could see everyone then when she was ready she motioned that she was ready to go inside. Once inside she did get sick for a moment and soon it was over and we got her in her recliner and she relaxed for the next 2 hours. She had a wonderful time and within 3 hours we were heading back to the Manor.

When I returned home I ate lunch and went to my room while many guests were still at the house and I slept for 3.5 hours. I think I hit my pinacle over the last 8 months and my body and mind just gave up on me. I have been pushing and working to help Michele for so long that once I got her home and all went well it was like someone turned my power swich off. I cannot even remember walking to my room or laying down. When I woke up I went down stairs and everyone had gone home.

Now that i know we can do this and she did great i will be working to take her home every other week. Next Sunday we are going to try for 4 hours however we will not have the fan fare we had last week. It was great for the first time and I want to thank everyone who attended as it was a wonderful experience. We even received pictures of my family in Florida that did baloons at the same time.

Michele will start working on her computer this week and she will start sending emails very soon. If you would like to help her please send her a quick note so she can reply. Please do not expect to much and she will be typing her own emails and they may be hard to understand at times. I want her to work hard on this so i will not be making changes to her emails. What you get is what she will be typing. This will be part of her therapy. So please send emails to her at miko@pinnaclelease.com and she will reply as soon as she can. Again if you have a picture of yourself so she can put a face to the emails that would be helpful but not required.

















Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment