Daisypath Vacation tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

UPDATE 10/19

Michele has had a great week so far since being back from her day trip home on Sunday.

Today, we took the van to her appointments, and she was able to travel by wheelchair. We visited with the Neurologist (Dr. Zacharias) and the Ophthalmologist (Dr. Utlaut). When we returned from the appointments, Cindy was waiting for Michele in her room. I gave her the updates as Michele nodded her head to agree with what I was saying, occasionally rolling her eyes as I told about the various problems we had to deal with during our visits. Overall, the news coming out of the visits was very good. Here are the highlights:

• The 3rd nerve in Michele's left eye has some damage. The nerve will heal on its own as the brain continues to make connections and she continues to heal.
• Michele can wear the patch on her left eye as needed to help her see the TV, pictures, and the computer better.
• In a couple of weeks they will assess whether a shunt adjustment needs to be made. The doctor agreed that moving the shunt up will allow them to see if Michele makes additional progress. If it for some reason sets her back, they will move the shunt back to its current position.
• She does not have fluid on the brain which they were concerned about a few weeks ago.
• When Doctor Z asked her to move her legs she was able to lift each foot all the way up. Dr. Z said that
because of her ability to move this way, she
will very likely walk again.

Michele is all caught up on emails and enjoys listening to them, but is not yet ready to respond to them herself . . . but keep them coming! It is great to hear what you are doing and how you are thinking about her and praying for her.

She is really doing some amazing things that show her personality shining though. Today, I was talking to Alyssa on the phone about her plans for the afternoon. Alyssa was planning to go to youth group, but wanted to visit Jordan in the hospital. I told her that it seemed like visiting Jordan was a good idea and Michele was nodding her head in full agreement at my decision.

Cindy put her ear buds in so she could listen to music during her nebulizer treatment. As she was getting her treatment, she was tapping her finger away to the beat of the music.

Yes that is me doing nails in the last picture! I found that I am good at many more things than I though I was even able to do. The motivation is very simple. What my wife wants and needs she will get if I have anything to do with it. As I tell her every day I love her with all my heart and I will never diviate from that not even for a second in time.

John

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment