Daisypath Vacation tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, October 11, 2010

UPDATE 10/11

Below are 2 emails written today by family. I think they speak for themselves.

John

AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING!!! I couldn't believe my eyes AND EARS tonight! Michele was absolutely entertaining this evening!!! John was there when I arrived, painting her nails. She was so annimated, smiling, raising her eyebrows, and yes - she stuck her tongue out at John again (at his request) and we all laughed. The look of accomplishment on her face is overwhelming.

She said "I love you" and "bye" to John. Just before she is going to say something, her eyes get really big and she's really thinking about saying something, then she takes a big breath, and out come the words.

After John left, he eyes got really big again, so I got close to her, and she took a breath and said, "I like your hair" pointing to her head. I couldn't believe it! I had my hair colored yesterday and was waiting for someone ALL DAY long to notice... and there it was. My sister... my amazing miracle of a sister told me with a smile that she liked my hair. Instant tears. Mike RN walked in and asked if everything was okay and I told him what happened.

Michele was AMAZING all night tonight! I put some new songs on my IPod and she turned her head from left to right bobbing in a groove to the music!!! Then she strummed her leg like a guitar and was wiggling her toes. I kept asking her if she liked the song that just played and she can shake her head YES like I've never seen before. Dr. Horton came in and she answered all of his questions, as well with Mike RN discussing what kind of meds she wanted. She completely lifted her right leg off the bed while I took the boots on/off.

When I left, tears in my eyes kleenex in hand, Mike caught me in the hallway and said "are you still crying?" We both agreed that Michele is a different person today. She has turned a corner. She is truly amazing.

On my way home, I called John and Cindy to tell them the amazing things Michele did. It wasn't like off and on, she was ON the whole time I was there. Cindy told me that before she left on Sunday, she said the rosary out loud to Michele and they both prayed for a miracle. Cindy begged Our Blessed Mother, as Michele is a Mother herself, for a miracle. That prayer was answered.

Hail Mary full of Grace the Lord is with Thee. Blessed art Thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of Thy womb Jesus. Holy Mary Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death, AMEN!!!

Michele's sister Amy



Oh my Gosh!! I'm changing Michele's title to Amazing, Miracle Michele.
When I got to the manor, Michele was resting before her trip to BCH to get her tube changed. We headed out a little after 2 and then waited and waited at the hospital till they were ready for us. Michele's toes were just dancing while she was laying on the stretcher. I said to John, "look at those dancing toes" and she started to do it even more and had this big grin on her face. It was so cute.
Today she told John "I love you" and she said "Mom" "No" and "Bye". It's so exciting. You have to remind her to take a big deep breath before she tries to say anything. She also stuck out her tongue at John--he asked her to!!
We got the tube changed--back to the same one that Dr. Chetham put in two weeks ago. The one that Dr. Miller put in last week was definitely the wrong one and one of the technicians even said that it was the only one they had in stock, so that's the one they used. WRONG!
The big issue is the lack of flushing the tube before and after the feeding tube is put on or taken off. I suggest that each time a caregiver goes to the Manor, we ask the RN to come in and flush the tube. Even if they said they did it a half hour ago, get them to flush it again. That's the only way we will keep it flowing.
It was a good afternoon, even though we did a lot of waiting at the hospital. The procedure only took about 15 minutes.

Michele's Mother Sue



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment