Daisypath Vacation tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, July 8, 2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO OUR MIRACLE!!!

My Mother, John, Alyssa and myself went to see Michele this evening to decorate her room for her big day tomorrow. Michele has a big Happy Birthday sign, balloons and new pictures all over the room. Michele watched us while we set her room up and then we showed her all the new pictures we brought for the room. I’m sure she will have more pictures and flowers brought by other family members tomorrow but we wanted to get the room ready. I have a camera in the room so everyone that visits tomorrow can take a picture with her so we can send them out in a few days to all. Michele is doing so well and every day she is doing more and more. Again I have copied an email from her sister on today’s visit.

“I arrived shortly after 11 this morning while Thelma and Billy were visiting Michele. Dr. Yeager was on the phone with John. Not sure what that discussion was about because as soon as Dr. Y got off the phone, he left the room. After Thelma and Billy said their goodbyes, Heather and I moved Michele to her chair. Michele was able to lift her head completely for Heather to get her Princess Crown on! She coughed a bit when we moved her, but that was it.
During PT, Michele gave Heather a “high five”, the thumbs-up sign, lifted her pinky, and gave the “I love you” sign – all with her left hand. Michele was able to squeeze Heather’s hand with her right one. Michele did her leg exercises by herself. It was so awesome – especially watching her do these things on her own after we’ve been doing them for her for so long. Oh, man. It was amazing. Michele separated her knees for Heather on command, and then pressed in with her knees against Heather’s hands, about 10 times. Then, Heather put her hands on the outside of Michele’s knees and Michele pushed out against Heather’s hands. I got all choked up watching her do these amazing things. She is really working hard! Cindy”

Michele’s final surgery will be in the next 7-12 days and the date should be scheduled by the end of this week. Please email Michele if you have a chance and I will read her emails to her. I will send pics out on Friday with an update and hopefully a date for her final surgery.

John





Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Hello John & Michele & family,

    I'm not sure if you remember me, but my name is Kerri Maxwell and I was the director of children's programs at Sacred Heart of Mary and I worked with Billy to make his First Communion. I've been receiving your emails from Liz Christensen who was one of my teachers and friends. I am now teaching middle school at St. Louis Catholic school in Louisville and I wanted to let you know that the entire middle school prays for Michele often and she has been our special intention at Masses many times over the past months. Please know that you are all in my thoughts and prayers and I am in awe of your strength and determination. Keep at it! With much love, Kerri

    ReplyDelete