Daisypath Vacation tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, May 14, 2010

UPDATE 5/14

The Doctors started to remove Michele from one of her anti seizure meds on Monday as well as started her on meds to help wake her up. The anti seizure meds will be slowly removed and will take 3 weeks as long as she shows no signs of seizures. The meds to wake her up will also be added slowly to make sure her clinical responses are ok throughout the process. This all means that we should see some progress slowly over the next week. Michele should be able to open her eyes on command soon.
When I speak to her I can tell she is in there and she can hear me. Since she cannot open her eyes yet, I thought of another way for her to communicate to me as she can move her head. I asked her if she could hear me and understand me to try and lift her head. She did it for me 3 times on Monday. It’s as if she really wants to wake up but is being held back. Today when I told her I was leaving she started to moan like she wanted to tell me not to go. I though this was just in my head as I want her to wake up so bad but when Alyssa and Jordan came home tonight from the hospital Alyssa told me the same thing and I never told her about my story. I really think she is trying and she does not want us to leave her side. She often sleeps when we are in the room but tries to wake up when are ready to leave. I can tell this because of her heart rate as well.
Sorry for the lack of emails but we are at a very slow pace as you can see and not a lot to tell. When Michele wakes up you will probably hear from me everyday as I do not want anyone to miss out on her recovery. I have added some pics of the room today.
Below is an email I received from Father that I thought was so special that I wanted to include it to everyone. Michele and our family have been so blessed with Faith, Hope and Love from so many people. This is only one of thousands of hopeful thoughts, prayers and love we have all received.
Little did I realize what a blessing it would be for me to come and pray with all of you on Mothers Day. I went home and told my parents about Michele and the first communion on Mothers Day. We all took a moment and wept for everyone. My Mother is now wearing the saint bracelet and has promised her prayers along with my Father. My prayers also remain with everyone, especially Michele. Thank you for inviting me into such a sensitive moment and giving me an opportunity to see such love.
Thank you,
Fr. Peter

Thank you all for your support.
John






Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment