Daisypath Vacation tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

UPDATE 5/26

Another week has passed and Michele has not woken up yet. As of Monday she is no longer on the Dylantin medication for seizures. Michele is now on 3 stimulant medications to help her wake up. I tried to cut Michele’s nose hairs with my electric nose clippers and when I turned it on she moved her head away from me telling me that she did not want it done. I know she is aware of her surroundings as I tried it several times and each time she would move in the opposite direction. I guess we will just wait for that another time when she is awake and can do it herself. Cindy felt Michele’s right leg move on command during some PT on Monday. This as well was some more signs she is waking up slowly. I spoke to Dr Ripley on Monday and his comment was; “I am cautiously optimistic”. Well if any of you know doctors, that is about as good as it gets in our situation. Dr Ripley noticed a change in Michele over the last week and could see that she is moving more and responding to pain. Although we do not want to create pain for Michele it is necessary so we can understand her abilities. Michele and I will be traveling to the Brain and Spinal institute tomorrow for a second opinion on her treatment. This will be Michele’s 10th ambulance ride in the last 4 months. Tomorrow will be the 4 month anniversary of her fall. Michele continues to have visitors on a daily basis. The children will finish up school tomorrow and begin their summer. Our plan right now is to have Mom home by July 1st so she can continue her rehab, rest and healing in the comfort of her own home. Once Michele can actively participate in 3 hours a day of rehab she will then go to Craig for 45 days of treatment. After much research I have found that patients do better at home and often heal more quickly. Michele loves her children and for her to be with them everyday will no doubt help motivate her to come back to us.

Please keep Michele in your thoughts and prayers.
John




Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment