Daisypath Vacation tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

UPDATE 5/4

Well I am happy to say that we are going in a positive direction once again. Although Michele has not woken up very often I did get a chance to speak to Dr Ripley from Craig hospital and I was quite impressed. This is the first Doctor that actually sat with me and asked everything that has occurred to Michele over the last 3 months. He asked many questions that made sense to her condition and he set a plan for the upcoming week to include another CT today as well as an X-Ray of her shunt. We are looking at her brain in case we need to decrease the flow of her CSF. This process will eventually happen and I am under the impression she needs it now but the doctors will ultimately decide. They have also ordered another EEG to see the brain waves so we can then take her off one of her anti seizure medicines that are prone to making the patient sleep. I hope this one will be done soon. Michele finally got her “princess crown” and of course I had to try it on. Michele is now able to leave her bed by a hammock and placed in her chair which we took her out of the hospital to get some fresh air yesterday. Michele is moaning a lot the last few days and I think she just wants us to hear her voice or maybe she wants to hear her own voice.

John






Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. So happy to see her outside! Sounds like she is on the right track again. Sure hope the med dosage is what is causing her sleepiness, and that it can be corrected.
    You're a wonderful husband John...
    Joy Burden

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it's good for her to get outside, how wonderful she could do that!!

    ReplyDelete