Daisypath Vacation tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, May 28, 2010

UPDATE 5/27

“GREAT NEWS”

Well it has been almost a month since we have been back in Colorado and I have been fighting for Michele’s recovery. I have made it clear to all of her Doctors for 1 month now that her CSF fluid in her brain was too low and causing her current condition. Well I am pleased that I now have a Doctor that agrees with me and we are acting on it quickly. Michele visited Dr Vollmer at the Brain and Spinal Institute. Vollmer spent the time to listen to the last 4 months of her condition as well as read her scans and visit with Michele. His conclusion was exactly as I have been stating to the other 3 Doctors for the past month. It was a relief to hear that he thinks we should adjust her shunt immediately as well as get her bone flap “skull” put back in her head. He ordered an X-Ray today to verify my statement on what her shunt was set at so we can make the adjustment very soon. He also requested an MRI, MRA and a CT scan to measure her skull so they can make a prosthetic skull for her. I have not written about this as of yet but when Michele had her second surgery on Palm Sunday, the hospital lost her bone flap or “skull”. They stated that they mistakenly misplaced it and therefore she has to have one made to fit her. This will take about a month to make. This entire process over the last month has worn on me and I now have a great feeling of relief, I feel like I have won the battle but the war is not over. I will continue to follow up with her Doctors at Kindred to make sure the orders requested by Dr Vollmer are taken care of at the earliest possible dates in hopes to see major advances once they are done.

Michele was a trooper today. We started at 9:15 a.m. getting her ready for ambulance transport and did not get back till 1 p.m. Although she is lying down I can tell it wares on her. She did have her eyes open most of the time and even was able to track my hand with her eyes. This is a big step as I have not seen her eyes open on her own without stimulation for 1 month now. I asked her my usual question and actually got an answer several times today.

“Honey if you love me, close your eyes so I know you can hear me?”

She did it every time I asked today.

John





Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment