Daisypath Vacation tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, April 16, 2010

UPDATE 4/15

Overall, today was a good day, but it was up and down. It started out very well, with Michele responding to my questions using one raised finger for yes, and two fingers for no. It was very encouraging. Later in the afternoon, though, she took a step back, not responding to me or making any movements whatsoever. This afternoon, I picked her sister Cindy up from the airport and we went for another visit. Her eyes were closed the entire visit which was very discouraging because she’s been so alert over the past few days. Her head was swelled quite a bit on the left side which got me questioning her CSF (cerebral spinal fluid) drip. They had reduced the amount of fluid that they were allowing to release, which was causing her head to swell. I know that this is what was causing her reduced movement, so I spoke with the ICU doctor at length about it. He was ordering some tests and was also looking into the amount of fluid being extracted. When Cindy and I returned for the evening visiting hours, we were so happy to see her eyes wide open and tracking our movements. She moved her left arm up a bit while I rubbed her left leg. We spoke to her and she definitely understood what we were saying based on her responses. You might even see a little smile on her face on the attached picture. The best part was when she WAVED to the ICU doctor when I was talking to him. It was a great moment.
I’m planning to go to my Brother Tommy’s house for a day and a half to spend some time fishing, gathering my thoughts, and getting ready to bring Michele home. I told Michele that Cindy would be there to spend devoted time with her. Cindy is excited about working with Michele, reading to her, and just hanging out with her sis. I know that I’ll come back more positive, refreshed, and ready to start a whole new chapter in this healing process.

Michele knows that she needs to work from the inside out, and that she’ll have the shunt operation on Monday. We are planning on bringing her home via Medivac on Thursday, so please pray for a successful surgery, and that she will be able to come home next week.

Thank you for your continued prayers!
John




Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment