Daisypath Vacation tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, April 23, 2010

UPDATE 4/22 - GOING HOME :)

Tomorrow, April 23rd will be exactly 3 months to the day since we left Colorado and I think I can finally say WE ARE COMING HOME!!!! Karen, Brenda and I worked most of the day getting all the last minute things done in order to be able to leave tomorrow. The ambulance will be at the hospital at 10AM. Karen and Brenda will be taking me to the hospital at 9AM with luggage in hand. We are told that it could take a few hours before we actually leave the airport but if I have my way we will be out of here before Noon. We will be flying into Centennial Airport in Denver and then directly to St. Anthony Central Hospital, NSICU which is about a half hour away from our home. The children will be anxiously waiting to meet their Mom at the hospital.

Michele had a fairly good day today. Vital signs are all good. Although she is not able to move very much she has been awake and very alert a good part of the day. We have been working on her goodbye wave and tomorrow morning when we leave Miami I told her she is going to wave her left hand to all the doctors and nurses.

The trip tomorrow will be full of emotion as I have tried from day 1 to take Michele home. Every time we think we were on the right track another problem would arise and delay our trip. I would like to thank all the family, friends, doctors and nurses that have help us over the last 2 months in Miami. I can’t imagine getting through this without everyone’s help. Without it I would probably be in the room next to her. Michele, the children and I will embark on the next stage of healing for her and we will finally be able to be together again as a family on a daily basis.

Michele will be traveling with the banners in the pictures attached hand crafted by Karen and directed by Brenda.

Please continue to pray for Michele’s safe return to Colorado. I don’t think I can handle another setback and delay to our return home.

John






Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment