Daisypath Vacation tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, April 3, 2010

UPDATE 4/2

It’s been a few days since the last update and not much has changed with Michele’s condition. She is still in critical but stable condition and under the watchful eye of the NSICU staff. Her fever is somewhat under control however she is in need of ice packs occasionally to bring her temperature to normal. She opens her left eye and recognizes that we are in the room and she sleeps for most of the day. She has 1 tube coming out of her skull draining her CSF “cerebral spinal fluid”. She will end up with a shunt before we are all over but for now this was the best for her and will need to be removed before she leaves the NSICU.

This morning at 9:45AM Alyssa and I were visiting Michele and she had a mucus plug in her tracheotomy therefore causing her to suffocate. Her blood oxygen level went from 100% to 72% in a matter of 20 seconds and the nurse started life saving measures to keep her breathing. I was forced to get the attention of a team of doctors into her room in only the way I can “you can only imagine”. This was a 15 minute nightmare and Alyssa ended up in my arms crying thinking that she was going to loose her Mother right then and there. Unfortunately this is the 6th time I have had to see my wife through a near death experience in the last 2 months, which once is enough for a life time. My children are all aware of the severity of their Mother’s condition and we are all working together with our Faith, Hope and Love to get her through this tragedy.

Michele is still unresponsive and really does not spend too much time awake or moving at all. She does know who we are but she has a lot of healing to do so she needs time to do so. She has to relearn everything from moving her fingers to speaking. We do not have a prognosis as we are dealing with the brain so all of this is to be revealed over the next 6 months. I can tell you that she has moved all parts of her body one time or another over the last 2 months and she has made sounds as today she was groaning very loud during her episode this morning.

Tana and Alyssa sang a song today “I’m yours” to their Mother and I taped it but the files so big that I could not send it. It brought tears to my eyes.

I have sent a few pics of the latest visitors, some of you may not notice Billy as he has cut all of her hair off in support of his Mother.

Thanks for you Prayers,

John





Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment