Daisypath Vacation tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

UPDATE 4/20 PM

Michele had a very rough night last night which resulted in her being on an ice blanket this morning, due to a high fever about 102. They decided to do an EEG test to see if she was having any seizures. Blood tests, x rays and physical checkups were done throughout the night. Michele again tried to bite her tongue and it took 3 doctors to get her mouth open and put a bite block in. This all sounds bad but Michele and I have been through this three times now. I do believe this is a result from the operation and the sedation. It will pass in time and I can only hope and pray she did not have any brain damage throughout the process. Dr Bullock called me this morning to tell me that there was too much fluid draining from the brain and they needed to back off on the shunt a little to slow down the drainage. It will take some time to get her to a perfect level that will work for her.

This afternoon I spent time giving her a pedicure since her toes have not been touched for almost 4 months now and her nails were very long. I was able to take the time while she was asleep to cut each toe, clean them up and rub them with lotion. This is a first for me and hopefully a last as I would rather Michele be able to do them herself. I will gladly help on the lotion and rub her feet anytime.

At 4:30pm I asked her to sleep 4 more hours and then open her eyes at 8:30pm so I could see her. I told her how important it was to do this so we could show the doctor how much she can do so he would allow us to go home on Thursday. She did at 9pm open her eyes tonight just for a few minutes and barely looked at us through squinted eyes. I again asked her to sleep for another 12 hours so she can be awake at 9am tomorrow which I am confident she will.

She still has a lot of healing to do and we are still waiting on results from many tests she has had over the last 2 days.

Please keep praying for my Miracle Michele!!
John




Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment