Daisypath Vacation tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, March 22, 2010

STORIES ABOUT MICHELE

This website was started as a way of keeping everyone updated on the progress of our beautiful Michele. But as I sat here tonight, thinking about Michele and everything she means to me I thought there has to be more. We all anxiously await the updates from John everyday. We sit sometimes with baited breathe hoping and praying for something good and positive. Well, if you all know Michele, we’ve already received the BEST possible thing in the world…her friendship. So tonight I am going to tell you about the most powerful instance in my life where Michele was MY Miracle and I encourage you all to do the same. As we wait for updates from John (which I will still post as soon as I receive them). I want everyone to take a moment and write something special about Michele and how she touched your life. Email your stories to me at: doripink@carolina.rr.com and I will post them for everyone to read. We are all here reading this for one reason and one reason only…We LOVE Michele. I know John would love to read them just as Michele will love to read them during her recovery home.

My Story:

On June 10, 2004 at 10:30 pm I sat in the hospital with my brother and husband and was told that my father had only a few more days to live. How my father there was is a long story, but he was not supposed to die like this. In the hospital the previous night for a routine blood transfusion he slipped and fell causing a brain hemorrhage. My father had, as the doctor put it, another day or two to live. He told us my father would never regain consciousness and to say our goodbyes as soon as we could. I kissed my father goodnight, unable to say my good-byes. When I got in the car the first person I called was Michele. The minute she said “hello” I cried. I don’t really remember how long I cried but she never stopped me. She just silently sat there on the other end of the phone and let me cry. When I was done she asked me, “Do you want me to come down”? I was in Florida and she was in Colorado. I told her. “No”. She was too far away and she had 4 children at home that needed their mom. The next day at 4pm in the afternoon Michele O’Donnell walked into the hospital my father was in. We cried, we sobbed and we hugged. I remember holding onto to her so tightly and over and over again silently thanking God for sending her. As much as I told her not to come, she KNEW I needed her way more than her family did at that moment in my life.
She was there with me for the next 4 days. She was there when my dad woke up, even though the Dr. said he never would. She was there when he slipped back into a coma and she there to hold my hand when he took his last breath.
She helped me with everything. Everything I didn’t know how to do and everything I did not want to do. She was there even when I didn’t realize she was there. She was my angel, my MIRACLE. The person I needed more than anything in the world. She was my friend, my best friend.
Michele and I (and Sister Amy) have been best friends for almost 13 years now. We have an amazing friendship, one that I would not change for the world. Best Friends are there ALWAYS there…even when you tell them not to come. Michele & Amy, you know that I love you more than words can ever say. Having you both in my life has made me the person I am today.




Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment