Daisypath Vacation tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, March 13, 2010

UPDATE 3/12

Well it is killing me but I have to leave Michele for the first time since her accident. I need to travel home to see the kids, handle some business needs and get ready to hopefully bring her home in the next 2-3 weeks. I will be returning to Florida next Thursday, and in the mean time Michele’s Mother and Father will be with her for the next 2 days and Brenda and Karen will be with her from Monday to Thursday when I return. She will be in good hands and my travel home is very necessary. Amy will be leaving with me as well.

The speech therapist came this morning and put the voice device in. Michele handled it very well, and was able to start off making humming noises, then counted to ten. Although she is talking a little it is very hard to understand her but this will get better with time. The voice device is taken out after 2 hours because Michele needs to get used to it. The lumbar puncture was performed this afternoon, removing the fluid from her brain through her spine as it is still building and not draining properly. The pressure was high, and the doctors will discuss the possibility of inserting the shunt (or valve to drain the fluid). If this procedure is determined to be the best direction she will not have it done until she is free of all infections which may be a week out. She will also have and Echo Cardio Gram again to make sure she has no more infection in he heart.

During the last visiting hours this evening, I personally put the voice device back in so that Michele could talk to us. I am happy to report that she said “I love you” pretty clearly to me and we kissed several times. She has come such a long way and it is only a testament of how strong my wife is.

As Amy and I tearfully said goodnight, we promised Michele that she is in good hands and that we’d be back to take her home with us.

Please keep the prayers going Michele is still in great need of all of them.
Thank you,
John





Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. John,
    I am a friend of Dori's and have been reading everyday and PRAYING... Look at Michele! She looks amazing, and she's talking?? That is just amazing news. I know I don't know you, but I rejoice with you in every step Michele makes. Know that I am sending prayers and love from Alabama!
    Love,
    Lou Lynn

    ReplyDelete