Daisypath Vacation tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, March 29, 2010

UPDATE 3/29

After my email last night I got a call at 1:46am from the hospital that Michele’s MRI concluded that she had an abscess in her brain. They requested emergency surgery at 7am this morning and I gave the permission to proceed. I visited her this morning at 6am and spent 30 minutes talking to her about what she was about to go through and we finished with prayers. Michele has been unresponsive for 4 days now at this time. Michele’s surgery started at 9am and was finished around 12:30 pm and I got a call from the doctor while I was in church. The abscess was removed, part of her scull was placed in a bone bank and 3 drain tubes were places in her skull. While this sounds horrible as I spoke to the doctor he told me this was 1 of 4000 similar procedures he has performed. His procedure went well and we have the abscess in for testing to see what we have to deal with. Michele’s problem today was she lost vital signs mostly her blood pressure during her procedure. They took extreme measures to secure her vital signs and concluded her surgery. Michele remains in critical but stable condition. I visited her 2 times today after her surgery and she was noticeably better this evening and resting comfortably. Although she is on a ventilator she is breathing 50% on her own. The main concern is her blood pressure and she is on strong medicine for that. I spent time with her and spoke about her ability to heal within and her need to get better for her children. When I spoke to her about her children I could tell she could understand and she moved her lips and shrugged her shoulders. I know this sounds weird but I truly believe she can understand me when I am talking. I push every bit of motivational information I can think of and I will wait for her to tell you all in her own words that she could hear me when she is better. Due to her reactions today I decided that it was time to get the children out to Florida and they are scheduled to arrive on Tuesday. I really think this will help Michele and the kids are overwhelming anxious to see their Mother. We will spend the week with her and work with her to get better. Please don’t forget the pretty picture I am painting is still back at stage one and we are struggling with Michele’s health issues on a daily basis. My earlier emails over a month ago regarding “Day by Day” are still ever so clear and the Doctor even used the term today to me. At the end of each day all we have to say is: Oh Dear Lord Three things I pray, To see thee more clearly, Love me more dearly, Follow me more nearly “Day by Day”

John

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Hi John and Amy. I just found out about this blog. I hadn't heard anything since Cotton and I saw you at the hospital, when you arrived in Miami. Although I'm disappointed that Michele is still struggling; her spirit, fighting attitude, and your own strength will prevail. She is fortunate to have you at her side...
    Joy Burden

    ReplyDelete