Daisypath Vacation tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, March 1, 2010

UPDATE 3/1

We’ve had a few problems with our email distribution list, as it has grown so large with people who care about Michele. If you did not receive an email over the weekend, please read the last 2 updates below.

Today is Monday, March 1st. My daughter Tana’s Sweet 16th birthday. Last night after dinner, we went back to visit Michele. Her eyes were closed and she was sleeping. We haven’t seen her open her eyes for 2 days. I asked her to open her eyes for her daughter’s birthday on Monday. We would be back in the morning, to visit her in hopes for her to wake up on her daughter’s birthday.

She heard me. We visited Michele today, and her eyes were open and she recognized me. Her eyes followed me around the room. She blinked when I asked her questions, and she was able to (slightly) squeeze my hand in answer to questions. She is unable to speak, and is extremely weak. These are small signs, but a major change in her condition.

The blood cultures came back and they were able to find out the ‘family of bacteria’ and are now treating it. Her eyes were examined while we were there and everything looks good. An MRI will be performed today as well. I asked Michele if she was in pain, and she is not.

Just a quick update, we are going back to see her now.

Love to all,

John

1 comment: