Daisypath Vacation tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, March 7, 2010

UPDATE 3/6 - THE WAVE!

Another update on our Miracle Michele. Today marks 38 days after her accident. We’ve gone through a fall on the beach and torn tendons in my knee, Michele’s critical and tragic accident, a car accident in a taxi returning from the hospital in Cancun, and today our rental car was broken into, the driver side window smashed and items stolen. We were leaving the hotel for the 1pm visiting hours, and had to wait to file a police report. My brother Tom, and his wife Debbie were on their way from Marco Island to visit, and picked Amy and myself up to visit Michele. It was a good visit. She was awake and alert, but again not as responsive as she’s been on past visits.

Michele is completely off the respirator at this point. This is excellent progress! We can tell there is so much emotion and determination on her face, and she was able to move her left hand/wrist and also very slightly moved her left knee off the pillow tonight. A few other exciting things happened tonight. I asked Michele if she still loves me, and she completely closed her eyes to answer YES. This was huge to me. She understands the question, she reacts, and she feels it in her heart. The nurse had removed her feeding tube (through her nose) only because she noticed a small leak. Until it was replaced, we were able to see all of Michele’s beautiful face and I was able to give her a kiss on the lips for the first time in a month. This was an incredible moment for me.

When Amy and I left this evening, after our visit which I would describe as “good”, Michele did something that made it GREAT!!! We walked into the hallway, and I stood there and said goodbye, waving to her. All fingers on her left hand moved in a waving motion. Clearly and decisively, she was waving to me. It was awesome.

Tomorrow we are expecting my Mother, Jack, Brenda and my cousin Liz. Amy told Michele that her Mom, Thelma was coming to spend a few days with her and that she needed to rest to be ready. Michele definitely acknowledged it, and we could tell she was ready to close her eyes and rest for a great day tomorrow. (Don’t forget about the wave, she waved to us!).

On a closing note, we had a fantastic visit with our friends, Dori, Karen and Greg. These are our friends for life, and they have always been here for us. The bond between us (Michele, myself and Amy) is very strong. Dori brought a special gift from her brother, Marc who was previously on a path to be a Catholic priest. Marc met Pope John Paul II. Marc gave us holy water, anointing oil, a 2nd and 3rd class relic. These items are very special and important to me, and to the healing and recovery of Michele. The 2nd class relic is a rosary that had touched Saint Padre Pio. This awesome gift to Michele is hers to pass on to another person of her choice who will need it for healing in their life.

Another good day. Day by day. Please keep the inspirational emails coming.

Love to all,
John






Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment