Daisypath Vacation tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

UPDATE 2/17

Well the doctors have identified the source of the infection and although it is of serious concern the doctors feel they have it under control and she is getting the right treatment for the infection. This infection will take 8 weeks to battle but she is on the right track. The treatment will have a great affect on her liver and therefore she will have her liver tested every 12 hours so no harm is done. Her temp is now under control and we now have no reason for her not to wake up over the next few days. Since she was deeply sedated for 16 days it is taking time for all the sedation to leave her body. Fat cells are the last to store the drugs and she is in heavy rehab right now. I was told her arms moved today and she opens her eyes during the rehab. Since we are not there during this process she is usually asleep when we are there. Not much fun for us because we cannot really see the improvements yet but I know she is getting better “Day by Day”. Once she is out of the coma and done with rehab her infection can be treated outpatient so she does not need to stay at the hospital for that reason. I pray every day that she will wake up and start talking but, I have to be patient.

Thanks to an email from Sr. Anne reminding me that today is “Ash Wednesday”, I was able to attend church today to receive my ashes and light another candle for Michele. Billy arrives tomorrow afternoon and will be in charge of waking his mother up for my birthday this Friday. That is all I want for my Birthday.

Thanks for all your emails and support. Michele and I are blessed to have such wonderful people in our lives!

Keep praying,

Day by day
Day by day
Oh Dear Lord
Three things I pray
To see thee more clearly
Love thee more dearly
Follow thee more nearly
Day by day

Day by day by day by day...


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment