Daisypath Vacation tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, February 19, 2010

UPDATE 2/19

I wish I had better news but today was not what I had hoped for. I was not able to spend very much time with her today as she was going through many blood treatments. Her platelets went below 30k which is not good and the blood bank is in low supply. Karen, Billy and I tried to give blood today and none of us would qualify for one reason or another. I pleaded to the Doctors for her to get her transfusion today that was so greatly needed but she will probably need another 12 hours later. We have a hematologist assigned to her to try and figure out why she is losing her platelets so quickly. Low platelets could cause the swelling in the brain to come back. The good news is her CAT scan showed more improvement but we cannot get her to wake up and we cannot keep her platelets level and we do not know why at this point. The royal resorts sent out an email to the entire staff that blood donations were needed for her and I know Rosa in the laundry room which Michele loved is going tomorrow to give blood. Bruce from the US Embassy is also going to give. And I’m sure others that know us from the last 8 years we have been coming to the resort will try to donate. I will be going to the local church to ask as well so I can make sure she gets the platelets she needs daily. Her eyes try to open and she does have very little movement in her arms and legs.

Please keep Praying
John

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment