Daisypath Vacation tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

UPDATE 2/24 (EARLY AM)

Well it is 2am in Cancun and we just got back from the ICU. Michele had her operations between 12 am and 1am and believe it or not I convinced the doctors to allow me to scrub in and attend the entire procedures. This must be part of my natural salesmanship or the fact that I am in Mexico and not in America with all the HIPA regulations that would never allow me to attend such a surgery. Michele had a tracheotomy and 2 tubes placed in her lungs to relive fluid and help in her transport to America. She had 200 ml of fluid in her right lung and 50 ml in her left lung. Both tubes will stay in place until she in stable and back in America. She had a huge amount of mucus plug in her incubation therefore causing her breathing to be very labored. The operation releaved this mucus and we were able to extract more mucus from her throat and clear her air way. She was awake for the tracheotomy and her left leg was moving quite a bit so I was rubbing her leg during the operation. Sorry to gross you all out but I was so impelled to be with her during every part of her struggle to get better and wanted to share it with you all.

Keep the prayers coming.





John

No comments:

Post a Comment