Daisypath Vacation tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, February 8, 2010

UPDATE 2/8

Friends and Family,

Michele was stable throughout the night, however there was another change to her pupil, indicating to the doctors it was time to perform another cat scan at 9am this morning. The results were good, her brain swelling has decreased. They’ve changed the combination of medications that she is receiving to keep her in a deep sedation for another 48 hours.

Although the pupil change is a sign of alarm, the good news is the swelling decreased and they changed the medication to keep her in the coma. Each time something like this happens, we go back to another 48 hours, putting us at Thursday morning for another cat scan, and possible decrease of sedation to bring her back out.

The attached picture is a bracelet that the senorita in the laundry facility here gave to me. She asks about Michele every time I see her. Michele has gotten to know her over the past few years during our vacations here in Cancun, and her concern and kind words bring comfort to us.

We continue to have 100% confidence in her doctors and nurses, and have put a picture of the family (our Christmas picture) in the ICU waiting room.

I would like to say again, I appreciate all of your prayers, thoughts and emails. PLEASE continue to send emails. Although I may not respond, I read every one of them and it truly is a sense of comfort to me and my family that is here in Cancun helping me through this difficult time.

Thank God the Saints came marching home!

Love to all,
John

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment