Daisypath Vacation tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, February 18, 2010

UPDATE 2/18

Well today was a tough day as you will find out throughout this email.

First Michele is doing well. Her fever is under control at this time and all vitals are good. She is expected to have another CAT scan tomorrow morning and we are looking for continued decrease in the swelling. Her platelets fell below 70k remember she was at 700k just 2 days ago so she had to have a transfusion of platelets to battle her infection and our goal is to keep her above 100k in platelets daily. She is tested twice a day for this and will receive them as needed.

(as I am writing this email the hotel next to us just lit off fireworks must have been for my birthday) I worked hard on Michele today trying to get responses from her and by the end of the day I got her to blink her eyes to tell me she loved me and I got her to move her entire right arm about 1 inch. Dr Garcia stated before I leave I will be qualified for his job. Not quite but a nice gesture from him. He watches me working her hard to get any movement out of her. He has told to me stimulate her as much as possible and if you know me I can be a pain in the ass.

Billy has arrived and is in charge of “Project Birthday Wish” all I want tomorrow is a noticeable improvement in Michele’s motor skills and her to open her eyes on her own.

Karen and I were involved in a car accident today while in a cab returning from the Hospital to the resort 40 miles an hour and our cab rear ended another cab stopped dead in the street although the car was probably totaled, we walked from the accident. Just our luck! Other than some whiplash we feel ok at this time and are a little shook up. My day was full of anger and frustration after this but I am getting through it with the help of Karen and all of the wonderful emails I receive throughout each day from all of you. Keep the emails coming!

I got a call from my cell phone company threatening to disconnect my service due to the high rate of my calls in the last 21 days which has summed up to $5,000.00. My phone is mine and Michele’s life line right now to America and the numerous amounts of calls we have to make to the doctors, attorneys, schools, work, children and direct family members. I appreciate all the calls but please do not call me unless it is of an urgent matter. I hate having to say this because I have needed and appreciated these calls and they have helped me tremendously but they are costing me too much, so please instead of a calling please put your thoughts in an email or text. All my emails are free and are unlimited and I get them immediately on my blackberry, texting me is also free but me texting you back cost me a lot so do not expect an answer to your text only emails. This is my support system that is needed greatly so keep the emails coming! They are what helps me get through each “Day by Day”

I have been told many times that the Lord only gives you what you can handle and I truly believe this. I hope he understands that I have had enough and I want Michele back and the pain to end.

Keep praying for my Miracle Michele!

John


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment