Daisypath Vacation tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, February 7, 2010

UPDATE 2/7

Family and Friends,

We received unfortunate news on our way back to the hospital last night. The diameter of Michele’s left pupil changed, thus requiring an emergency cat scan which showed additional swelling of her brain. In immediate response to this, she was put into deeper sedation, the highest possible coma as well as muscle relaxers to paralyze her muscles and keep her as still as possible for the next 48 hours. She will continue to be monitored every hour, and unless anything changes, a cat scan is scheduled for Tuesday. Any change will require another emergency cat scan and possibly brain surgery to remove a section of cerebral tissue.

With the help of Sr. Anne, we were able to put Michele’s neurosurgeon in touch with a neurosurgeon in the US who has reviewed Michele’s records up to date. We were assured that the medical treatment she is receiving is exactly what she needs. We have always felt very confident with her doctors, and now feel a sense of relief knowing this.

Another major concern now is sepsis in her blood that the doctors are battling to control, which will ultimately help bring down the swelling of the brain. Information on sepsis: http://www.emedicinehealth.com/sepsis_blood_infection/page2_em.htm

Brenda arrived this morning and will be here until Sunday. We will continue to let Michele rest, only visiting very briefly during visiting hours.

Amy, Tim and I attended mass this morning at The Church of the Risen Christ. We lit a candle and took the attached picture. The 2 prayers below were said to close that mass, which Amy read to Michele:

SOUL OF CHRIST
Soul of Christ, sanctify me.
Body of Christ, heal me.
Blood of Christ, drench me.
Water from the side of Christ, wash me.
Passion of Christ, strengthen me.
Good Jesus, hear me.
In your wounds, shelter me.
From turning away, keep me.
From the evil one, protect me.
In the hour of my death, call me.
Into your presence, lead me,
to praise you with all your saints forever and ever.
Amen

Dedication to Jesus
Lord Jesus Christ, take all my freedom, my memory, my understanding, and my will.
All that I have I and cherish you have given to me. I surrender it all to be guided by your will.
Your love and your grace are wealth enough for me. Give me these, Lord Jesus, and I ask for nothing more.
St. Ignatius Loyola (1491-1556)

Love to all,
John

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment